First piece from Florence

 Under less than ideal circumstances I recently moved to Florence after having lived in Pisa for 3 years. I wanted to live here from the very beginning but unfortunately it's 2020 and of course the same week I move in, Tuscany goes into complete COVID lockdown again. So where I would have liked to be plein air painting all over town at this point, I'm instead stuck inside drawing and painting from photos. The one I'm posting here is the first painting since I moved and it's not even of any particularly recognizable Florentine scene, but instead of an unassuming fixture on a wall I photographed with my phone a month or so ago. It struck me then because it probably used to be a window or something but now it looks more like a mysterious portal that opens up to another world at night.


Comments

Popular Posts