Ruins by the river

Yesterday was the first sunny day after about 2 weeks of rain and the temperature was nice so I couldn't resist going out to paint. These ruins have interested me since I've been living in Pisa, they're kind of strange, situated in what would still be considered the center of town and in between two other perfectly normal inhabited buildings. Until recently the area behind it was completely overgrown as well, but they started to clear it out. Because of this I'm afraid they're planning to build something in the empty lot and possibly tear this wall down as well, so I wanted to paint it before it disappears. Also, all the growth having been cleared out in the empty lot gave way to an interesting contrast between the normal buildings in light in the background and this ruined wall in shadow.

Comments

Popular Posts