Sketching in Florence

Campanile di Giotto, Florence, 22 Aug '19

While waiting for my family to meet me, I had some time to make this quick sketch on location at the cathedral in Florence. I did this one in about 45 minutes or so. Obviously it's not finished, and I got most of the essential details down on location so I could finish it at home but I chose to leave it as it is anyway. We had a nice visit in Florence, but dear lord there were way too many tourists. Of course everyone has the right to go wherever they please and I wouldn't want to deny anyone such a beautiful place but it does annoy me a bit that places like Florence look like some kind of Disneyland this time of year. I'll return to do some more drawings and paintings in the fall, when it's a tad quieter.

Comments

Popular Posts