Looking at apartments in Genova


Last week I went to Genova to look at two apartments, both were beautiful but also just a tad too expensive, so in the end I decided to stay in Pisa, at least for now. I had been to Genova once before and it was a beautiful city, and I could imagine finding plenty of subject material for my drawings and paintings there, but I can always take the train and do a day trip. If not an apartment, at least I got a drawing and a painting out of this trip. The drawing I made while waiting for the real estate agent in the morning and the painting I made in an hour and a half while waiting for my ride home. I turned a corner and saw this cool, sort of industrial looking bridge between two apartment buildings. The background is more abstract than I usually make them but I was trying to finish this painting as fast as possible and in the end I think it worked well in drawing your eye more to the real subject matter in this painting; the setting sunlight on that walkway.

Comments

Popular Posts