Muses

Miriam Leone, Italian actress/model, in the tv series 'Non Uccidere'. ~45min, pencil.

In this woman I think I have found my muse. Hold on, not in a creepy, obsessive stalker way. No, I think she has made me understand the real meaning of an artistic muse, and it's not someone you have an unhealthy obsession or infatuation with. For me it just means that I can draw the subject more than once and not tire of it, and get a result I'm satisfied with every time, without too much effort or frustration. That's why I turn to her, Miriam Leone, to draw her if I am temporarily out of ideas or I need a boost in confidence because my last drawing/painting didn't turn out how I wanted it to.
   By these rules I suppose a muse could be any kind of subject you return to time and again for the reasons mentioned before. Though it also doesn't hurt anything that mine is an incredibly beautiful woman.

Comments

Popular Posts