Marina di Pisa


Last saturday I went to Marina di Pisa because I wanted to try painting some waves and maybe some rocks. I didn't find exactly the kind of scene I had in mind, but I found this one which I didn't dislike. To get this view, though, I had to climb onto the wave breaker made of big natural stone boulders, so you can imagine setting up my tripod with painting setup took a bit more adjusting than usual. I was just outside the spray zone while painting but right after I had finished and was putting my sketchbook back in my backpack there was a larger wave that could've ruined the painting had I still had my sketchbook open. At the same moment a little girl came up to me, complimented me on my painting and asked "how did you get to be so good at painting?". She was cute, Albanian apparently, around 10 years old I'm guessing. We exchanged a few words and she left and I went to lie in the sun for an hour before going home. Just an hour, but still managed to get a sunburn...

Comments

Popular Posts