Inktober 2019

This year I tried to participate in Inktober seriously for the first time. I started with a bit of a delay but I tried my best to catch up. In the end I only made it a third of the way down the prompt list before I ran out of ideas and the catch-up game got the better of me, but I had fun with the prompts I did draw. As a theme I mostly stuck to a kind of horror or Dante's Inferno kind of mood. I didn't plan to do so ahead of time, these were just the kind of ideas that came to mind first with most of the prompts. Not sure what that says about me, maybe I just watch too many horror movies...
Like I said, at some point I just couldn't think of anything to draw anymore with the prompts, so I let it go, satisfied with the drawings I'd done so far. I'll attach some of my favorites below. All of them were done with a brush and India ink, over a quick pencil sketch of course. For some I did small composition sketches or sketches of the poses on the other side of the page.

Ring

Build

Dragon

Pattern

Comments

Popular Posts